Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Please RIM, give us the new 4.5 OS!

Well it either needs to come out before the 12th or after the 20th because I'm gonna be on vacation and I don't have a laptop...lol
New Contributor

I am waiting for the OS 6.0  :smileyhappy:
New Contributor

There is no hope.  Bye the time the update comes out it will be outdated.  The original software should have been better.  Rim has been promising AD2P for over 6 months now.  Please don't hold your breath. Sorry, I needed to vent.
Contributor

4.5 WILL be here one day but I am afraid it will be in the form of a new device before we see it distributed to the carriers for laoding on existing devices.

I wish no one would have brought up this new OS if it was'nt coming out soon
BB Curve 8300
PIN:2415603F
Contributor

it amuses me that so many people are waiting very impatiently for an OS that they really do not know much about. The only hard information that has been given out by RIM was very vague, and given out some time ago. No information on when it will be released or what else it will include. people get so excited over something they have no idea about.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

There are rumors out from beta testers that also gets people pumped about updates to. I wouldn't go as far as saying people know nothing about OS 4.5.
CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8320 Curve

the beta versions of the 4.3 and the 4.5 that are out seem to be alittle buggy. But they are beat versions i'm very certain by the time they do launch they will be okay. I've seen a few sites that have listed what features would be included in each OS upgrade, so I'm very sure that it will come out fo existing devices as well as new devices. From a marketing stand point, they will probably launch a few devices for some of the carriers running the 4.3 software and then launch it to the general public, bcause a lot of the general public doesn't have a clue about the new software so when there friends or family start purchasing these new devices they are more apt to do so as well, and then RIM can lanch the software for every one else who hasn't gotten into these new devices. I'm sure they already have it out and are just wating for a launch date with the carriers. I've heard rumors of July before it is released. I'm not 100% sure though.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

So lets wait till the APRIL ends!!!

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

ANY dates are nothing but rumor until RIM or your carriers say so.

Do not depend on what anyone says here as their grand ma has no idea either!