Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
RichardP_UK
My Device: Not Specified

Plug in keyboard?

Is it possible to plug in a usb keyboard to a blackberry (assuming I can find one with the jack)?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
frfghtr
My Device: Storm 9530 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: MTS

Re: Plug in keyboard?

Have you considered Bluetooth?

Freedom Universal Keyboard

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RichardP_UK
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the suggestion, and it looks great. But (a) I'm reluctant to buy it myself, because the BB is a work one, and I doubt if I can persuade my employer, a UK Government department, to get it for me; and (b) even if I did buy it myself, I very much doubt whether I can add any software to the BB, because the department is terribly pusillanimous when it comes to giving users permission to do anything. I suppose the same problem might arise with a plug in one, but I sort of assumed that, if plugging in was possible, it would work plug and play. I'm not bothered about having a small/folding keyboard, btw - the BB is the only way I can access work emails when working (on my own computers) at home.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
frfghtr
My Device: Storm 9530 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: MTS

Here's another option that is wired, but you're right about probably not getting permission.

BlackBerry Keyboard - CoolMIR

Unfortunately, some plug and play devices still need drivers before they truly become plug and play.

Can you forward your BB emails to your home pc and then work on them.  

Please use plain text.