Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Proposed new feature - dual level security

Given the increasing use of smartphones used both for business & personal messages (not that this wasn't always so) it would be useful to have different security options for different e-mail accounts.  I always have to be careful about letting a family member use my BB because of sensitive business information - but it could be the other way around, someone not wanting their personal messages accessible to business colleagues (like their PA).

So this could involve different passwords to access different accounts (or one could have a "Master" password that opened both, and a secondary one that only allowed access to specific features).  

While this feature could be completely customizable, that might be too cumbersome to be useful.  It is probably enough to have the option of two levels of security.

It would also be important to be able to separately sync the different accounts - so all my personal stuff is not residing in my office computer, possibly accessible by IT or my PA.

I would like to be able to set different levels of "security timeout" for business vs personal accounts.  

And the master email list (first icon) would need to be customizable so that messages from all email accounts do not necessarily appear that.  Actually I would like to be able to deactivate the consolidated email list in favour of viewing each email account separately.  

Security is already a major competitive advantage for BB, and this additional feature would reinforce that.  And remind people how vulnerable they are with so much confidential personal and business information so easily accessible through their smartphone.