Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
crox
My Device: Not Specified

Re: RNS 510 Connection

Well, the 6230i connects ok, so at least that part works!

I will get the cradle and give it a bash and see if it works. Not sure how it will fit - does anyone have a cradle fitted in the arm rest of a Passat with the premium car kit? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
crox

[ Edited ]

got the cradle today but can't work out how it fits. There is what looks like a mounting plate so will run it across to my local dealer and see if they know ...

I also found that the 6230i doesn't really work. I tried after it the next day (after the above success) and if lucky it connects, but the on board dash doesn't give any reception or network.

I have just realised that I don't have the RNS 510 but the RCD 500 (iirc), but essentially the phone kit is the same nokia affair?

Message Edited by crox on 09-15-2008 12:37 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
genotix

Hmm wouldn't know about the internals of your RCD; but sounds to me like your car antenna is not connected.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
crox

the system has worked perfectly up until now, so whilst it could be, I doubt it.

The only way I can prove it is to reconnect the N95 that I had working on it, a step backwards mind. 

Please use plain text.
maverickpar

any update on this regarding the RNS 510 connection of  the Volkswagen to the Blackberry ?

because just bought a Passat CC with RNS 510 and it refuses to recognise the Blackberry Curve 8310.

Any help most welome.

Please use plain text.
neilrz
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Anybody got any further with this?

I have a Skoda Superb (2009) with the RNS510 installed.  According to a user on the Skoda owners forum, they got the Bold 9700 to work straight away.

I'm having the following problem with my Bold 9700:

The RNS generates the 16 passkey.

I enter that on the phone.

The phone shows up as having paired with the "skoda rsap"

I try to establish connection and a connection is made but then terminated after about 1 second

This seems to be so close to working that its so frustrating.

Any help would be welcome

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

The rSAP protocol is available (as part of the 10.2 update) and I have been able to connect to my VW Premium system. Unfortunately the phone book does not load despite multiple efforts. This may have something to do with the format of addresses on the VW Premium system but I was able to receive and save a business card to my handset using the VW Premium but was then unable to access and use it!

I can make and receive calls but have to manually input numbers using the keypad and voice/speed dial functions are impossible.

There seems to still be an incompatibility with the VW Premium that was essentially a Nokia product. I am hoping that Blackberry get this sorted soon.

Please use plain text.