Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
wibi_okezone
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Recover Contacts and PIN in Blackberry

Hi guys, 

my phone was broken, so i need to recovery my contact data and pins. There is a way to do that ??

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Recover Contacts and PIN in Blackberry

Hello,

From that limited information, it's a little difficult...so here is a bunch of things...hopefully something is close to what you need.

For your BBM contacts, if you were on BBM7, they are stored "in the cloud" with your BBID...simply sign into a different BB using the same BBID and your BBM contacts will be shown on that BB.

If you were on pre-BBM7, then your BBM contacts were stored locally on that device. Since it's broken, you'd need to have taken a backup of those prior to it breaking, so that you have a data source for restore.

If you mean your non-BBM contacts, then those as well depend on a backup or other data source from which you can restore them to another BB.

You can find many backup/restore instructions via the backup link in my auto-sig on this post.

Otherwise, please clarify exactly what you need and we may perhaps be able to better help you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
BurVice
My Device: charm&7100t
My Carrier: smartphone

Re: Recover Contacts and PIN in Blackberry

Oops, I have encountered the same problem, who can help me, I have tried some of the tips the above said, but I still can figure it out!
Please use plain text.