Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
lhisamoto
My Device: BLACKBERRY STYLE 9670
My Carrier: ACS ALASKA
Accepted Solution

Restoring data onto new blackberry from Blackberry Protect, last restore was from my stolen Blackberry Style 9670

Help!  My Blackberry Style 9670 (BB OS 6) was stolen.

My data was backed up daily by Blackberry Protect and nowhere else.

Will newer Blackberry Phones be able to access and restore my data from Blackberry Protect, or must I find me a refurbished BB OS 6 phone or?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Restoring data onto new blackberry from Blackberry Protect, last restore was from my stolen Blackberry Style 9670

If your phone is running OS 7 or earlier, you'll be able to access that data backup; BB10 phones cannot restore data from BlackBerry Protect.

BB10 phones are the Z10, the Z30, the Q10 and the Q5.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lhisamoto
My Device: BLACKBERRY STYLE 9670
My Carrier: ACS ALASKA

Re: Restoring data onto new blackberry from Blackberry Protect, last restore was from my stolen Blackberry Style 9670

Thanks! 

Now I just need to find an older BB running OS 7 or earlier that my carrier or another can activate. 

Please use plain text.
vinc123
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

but how to restore data .can you please explain the process. because i am findin blackberry id mismatch issue.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

To restore data from a backup on BlackBerry Protect, you must have both phones (the one that held the data and the one to which you're restoring the data) signed in with the same BlackBerry ID. If one of your phones has a different BB ID, stop right there because you're out of luck.

If both phones have had the same BB ID, sign in to Protect at www.blackberry.com/protect from the new phone. Protect will ask if you wish to assign your BB ID to this new device. Answer 'yes' then proceed to find the backup you wish to load.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.