Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

rdacquay
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

SHAW email being deleted

[ Edited ]

I hope you can help me with this... I upgraded my cell phone from the Blackberry Bold 9700 to the Blackberry Z10 on February 6, 2013. With my former phone I could opt to delete my SHAW email from my handheld or my mailbox AND my handheld. These options do not appear to be available on the Z10. Whenever I choose to delete an email message from my cell (before looking at it on my desktop) it also unfortunately gets deleted permanently and is not delivered to my desktop.  How can I rectify this? Thank you. Robert Dacquay, Winnipeg, MB  (personal info removed@shaw.ca

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: SHAW email being deleted

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to tell you that you can't...things are very different with BB10 than they were before. Before, you had BIS functioning as the intermediary between your BB and your email service. And BIS had certain functions it could perform, including allowing for the "delete on" capability.

Under BB10, BIS is gone...replaced by ActiveSync on the device that works directly with your email server, no intermediary at play. And, with the implementation of ActiveSync as it stands, it is intended to be a replication of your mailbox, mirroring what the server and the device show. Change on one, it reflects to the other.

That is the way it is. Unless and until something changes about ActiveSync for BlackBerry is implemented, that is how we all need to learn to work with it. Different from before.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
fabregina
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: sask tel

Thanks, in my case when I delete the email on my device it is gone forever, not in trash or deleted mail either on device or anywhere else, should it not still be in my trash?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

fabregina wrote:

Thanks, in my case when I delete the email on my device it is gone forever, not in trash or deleted mail either on device or anywhere else, should it not still be in my trash?

Hello,

Yes, this has been noticed by others as well. So far, I am sure that it deletes completely when deleted on a BB10 device against GMail...I do not know about other environments, but would not be surprised if it is consistent elsewhere.

If retaining deleted items is a necessity, then filing the item on the BB to an IMAP folder may be a workaround (though that then introduces another small, but surmountable, issue).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.