Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
RADIKAL69
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

SOLUTION TO FIX MOVIES ON UR BLACKBERRYS AUDIO AND VIDEO LAGGING OUT AND CAUSING LIP SYNC ISSUES

SOLUTION TO FIX MOVIES ON UR BLACKBERRYS AUDIO AND VIDEO LAGGING OUT AND CAUSING LIP SYNC ISSUES - Use a program called "HANDBRAKE" on your pc or Mac and convert the chosen movie file off your computer to the following codec settings (using the drop down boxes from the options on screen within the Handbrake options) It works great! File size of a movie is about 500mb. Here are the handbrake settings for most blackberries... Format: MP4 Codec: MPEG-4Video/AAC Audio Frame rate: 15fps Encoder: FFMpeg Frame rate: 15fps Quality: Avg Bitrate 1500 kpbs Unchecked chapter markers Output: 320 x 128 (kept aspect ratio for widescreen version) BB screen size is 320x240 so if you keep aspect ratio just set the first # to 320 and the second will default (Btw, I already tried watching a movie on my blackberry that I had already ripped with iphone/ipod touch settings. It works but the file size is unnecessarily large, and the audio didn't match up with the video well when playing on the blackberry) This now corrects the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy viewing and remember, NO MORE AUDIO LIP SYNC LAG ISSUES AND SLOW PROCESSING MOVIE FILES ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please feel free to pass this information on to all you know who use BlackBerrys
New Contributor
Spellman
My Device: Torch 9850

Re: SOLUTION TO FIX MOVIES ON UR BLACKBERRYS AUDIO AND VIDEO LAGGING OUT AND CAUSING LIP SYNC ISSUES

Quick note, you'll also need VLC player to properly get the video off the DVDs you own with handbreak.