Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9320
Accepted Solution

Safe mode

My phone is always on safe mode, because I do not want any other apps it drains my battery fast. Is it okay if I'm on safe mode forever?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Safe mode

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Typically, Safe Mode is for diagnostic purposes...not long term operation. What you should do is to remove those offending apps, return to normal mode, and see if things have cleared up. That said, I can't think of anything about Safe Mode that would be problematic for long term use...except, of course, the painful method to actually get the BB into that mode whenever you reboot!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9320

Hi thanks for the reply! It's hard to know what apps  are causing my battery to drain fast, so my only option is to restore it to factory settings, but for now I need the facebook messenger and I do not have wifi so I cannot reinstall it. I do not see any reason for me to reboot my BB so I'm sticking to safe mode until I can reset my BB. thanks again!!!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code