Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: XL

Safetly delete BBM chat

A few months ago i find other person who gained physical access to my BlackBerry Bold 9800 manage to recover my supposed-to-be deleted BBM chat log and send it to that person's email, and it was contain very sensitive information and almost ruined my life. I have sure to get the setting to not save the chat history and the chat history itself empty, so my question is how that person able to recover my bbm chat log and how to prevent it? As i can't prevent that person or anyone to gain access to mya smartphone due to certain circumstance

Thankyou in advance

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Safetly delete BBM chat

Hi BabyColor,

I would first like to say, if you have sensitive information on your BlackBerry® smartphone, I would highly recommend setting up a password on your device.

As for your chat logs, you can disable the Chat Logging from the BBM™ options screen by setting the option to Never.  To delete your chat history, go to Media, press the menu key and choose Explore.  Select Media Card (or Device depending on where your history was previously set to save) then nice go to BlackBerry>IM>BlackBerry Messenger.  You can delete all data from here to remove all of your chat logs.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!