Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
Lynnie89x
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

Security Wipe - Now internet or BBM won't work

Hi all,

Done a security wipe about a week ago as my bb curve 9360 was running slow. I have an active data plan with o2 which I have just topped up a few days ago. When I wiped the phone I created a new bbid. When I have wifi on I can access app world, browser etc.

Now my bbm won't work or the internet without wifi :smileysad: have tried the host route table thing etc and have updated to latest version of bbm which is now stuck saying associating bbm with bbid!

Ran a diagnostics which came back like this:

Diagnostic Started: 13 Feb 2013 17:53
Diagnostic Completed: 13 Feb 2013 17:54
PIN: 28fc4e9e
MSISDN: 07955195768
Device Type: BlackBerry 9360
Application Version: v7.0.0.353
Platform Version: 8.0.0.388
Service Books: WPTCP,BrowserConfig,RIM_IM,WAPPushConfig,WPTCP,BrowserConfig,WPTCP,MMS,BBID,KEYNEGO,OTASL,IPPP,BISClientConfig,BBAUTH,BBIMConfig,BrowserConfig,BBIMConfig,WPTCP,IPPP,KEYNEGO,BrowserConfig,BBIM,BBIMConfig,LbsConfig,BrowserConfig,MediaConfig,SearchServicesConfig,PROVISIONING
Free File Space: 135867993 bytes
Radio Data Activation: Yes
Signal Level: -98 dBm
Radio Access: GPRS
Network: O2 - UK
IP Address: 120.92.83.44
ICMP Ping Echo: No
BlackBerry Registration: Yes
Connected to BlackBerry: No
BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Abort

Have even tried going back to older version of bbm and still won't work! Called o2 and they said blackberry are having issues at the moment and they don't know when it will be fixed, but I can't find anything on the net to suggest this and think I'm being fobbed off?

Would really appreciate anyones thoughts x
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Security Wipe - Now internet or BBM won't work

Hey Lynnie89x,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

This issue is related to your BlackBerry data services, please contact your mobile service provider to verify they have the correct data services added to your account to use this service. 

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
virclems
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: musician

Re: Security Wipe - Now internet or BBM won't work

my menu doesn't wanna display on my bold9700,wen eva I restart my phone and insert my password to show ♍ƺ my menu d phone will just hang!! Pls can you help me wit manuel format code?? Appricieting a quick feedback
Please use plain text.