Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
bartoszbekier
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: ERA
Accepted Solution

Smartcard - importing certificates

I have BlackBerry 8900 and Smartcard reader v1 and I am trying to get it working together.

I am able to pair the devices together, BlackBerry sees the SmartCard reader. I can import certificates from it, but after that I cannot see any new certificates on my certificate list. The card is ok, the certificate is there  - I have checked it on my PC

What am I doing wrong? Are there any additional steps required to get the certificates from my card? One more think I am wondering about is that I am also never asked about the smartcard PIN.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bartoszbekier
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: ERA

Re: Smartcard - importing certificates

Ok, I solved it myself.

Apparently BlackBerry requires that every certificate contains user email. I tried with a different card that has a certificate with email information and it worked. It's a pity though that I didn't receive any warning/information that a certificate is wrong and buggy "Certificates imported" message misleading me that everything went just fine.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bulli19
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Smartcard - importing certificates

Hello,

I want to manage certificates with a BlackBerry Smart Card Reader, using a BlackBerry application. Whitch API or method you used to see the card certificates? For example, SmartCardReaderSession let you to send commands to the card but, there is another way?

For example, when you work with a traditional smart card reader sometimes you can use a keystore object that holds the card inserted in the reader. Thats lets you directly access to the certificates of the card. Is there anything similar in BlackBerry API?

thank you very much

Please use plain text.