Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
virtue
My Device: 9930

So many BB with internal storage have problems, loading stuck at 75% will RIM release fix/patch?

i have seen many of my friends and people around me who is using BB with internal storage (9900, 9930, 9860, 9850, 9810) after battery pull, it will stuck at 75% loading process (the progress stop at letter "e")

some of them can be repair by reset factory setting using desktop manager, with all data wiped out since we can't do backup if the loading process is not done, but after we use it for a while it will be damaged and after battery pull it will stuck at 75% loading process.

and this is a real pain in the **bleep** because,

1. we lose all the data inside

2. we don't have time to wait for repair or replacement, as in my country it will take 30 days to get results

3. and we are afraid of restarting the phone thinking of it will stuck somedays who knows

i really want to know if RIM/BlackBerry ever notice this problem that is happening all over the world with their devices? (if you google, you can see many users of BB have posted this kind of problem everywhere)

will they ever come up with a software patch/fix?

i'm using a 9930 and i get nervous everytime i have to restart or do battery pull so far i have encounter 3 times external memory corrupted and can't be repaired (microsd) which came up after i restart the phone, and i can't get all the data inside it back again fully, i already use data recovery program to retrieve the corrupted data and lost some pictures :smileysad:

and i found out that  i "think" maybe it is because i'm using save chat history feature to the external storage... i got about 1000 contacts and a lot of history files stored in the microsd.

hope RIM will notice this and make a fix soon.... please... 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: So many BB with internal storage have problems, loading stuck at 75% will RIM release fix/patch?

Hello,

virtue wrote:

will they ever come up with a software patch/fix?

Just to set your expectations, refer:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
okabs2000
My Device: Not Specified

Re: So many BB with internal storage have problems, loading stuck at 75% will RIM release fix/patch?

I'm encountering same problem.