Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
pjdough
My Device: Not Specified

Storing Music on Media Card

I've loaded MP3 music onto my 8320, however, I can't load anymore yet show 1.4 GB storage left (I have a 2GB card). I suspect the music is not going onto my card. Under Options/Media Card the settings are: Media Card Support - On; Encryption Mode - Device; Encrypt Media Files - No; Mass Storage Mode Support - On; Auto Enable...When Connected - Yes.  Suggestions?
New Contributor
wickedmessenger

Re: Storing Music on Media Card

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I can't even get the media manager to recognize I have a media card in my phone. Every time I try to copy a music file over it tells me I need a media card. The media card is in the phone, I formatted it...I turned off mass media storage because it said my card wasn't active because it was on...I tried it with the settings mentioned above as well. Still no luck. It's a 2G card and I JUST put it in the phone...there is nothing on it.

So how do you get this thing to work :smileyindifferent:

*edit*

Scratch all that. Apparently had to restart the software after changing the settings and such.  

Message Edited by wickedmessenger on 05-03-2008 09:23 PM
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi! Do you receive any pop of in your desktop whenever you connect your device with PC? If yes then go to BlackBerry folder and click on Music folder and  search for your music there.

If you can't resolve  the issue like mentioned above then backup your device and format your memory card.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
drambo16

I had the same issue and this happens when you get a new memory card and do not format it from the start on the blackberry device.  On most cards you will lose about 25% to 20% of the chip memory. 

So back your device up, format the card, and should be good to go...

Happy Media'ing..!

New Contributor
pjdough

Thanks for the assist - in retrospect, I didnt format to begin with.  let me try again this time formatting first.  Thanks again!  P
BlackBerry Employee
mgoldsmith

You absolutely need to have Mass Storage Mode turned on to access the MicroSD card over USB.

When you do have that enabled, once you connect your device to a computer via USB you should be prompted on the device to enter your password to enable MS mode (or just a Y/N option if you don't have a PW).  After this you should see a new drive appear that is called "Removable Media" or "BlackBerry" - this is true under Windows / Linux / MacOS.  Once that is done you can just drag and rop media files onto the card - you do not need to use the media manager provided with Desktop manager.  The media Manager is sued to copy media onto and off of *either* the MicroSD or embedded memory of the device - if you have both things then there should be two locations in the device "tree" that you can see through MM.  Again, to enable access to the MicroSD through MM (IIRC) you need to have mass storage mode enabled on the device.

New Contributor
mhkeef
My Device: 8830 Curve

I'm having all sorts of problems with my 8830 storing music on the media card.  At first all went well, now the music appears but will not play.  And I can't delete it either on the Blackberry or through the Media Manager.  I've also tried to reload it but the same thing occurs.  And some albums are showing on the Media Manager but not on the Blackberry.
New Contributor
knitch

If you put the files onto your media card, in the music folder, they should be there. The settings for the media card you listed are what I use also. From your device, open up media, click the menu key, then click explore. Then chose media card, music. If they are there, you'll see them. Otherwise, you loaded them wrong. Do the same steps above, but look under device memory. If they are there, simply delete and reload.
New Contributor
mhkeef
My Device: 8830 Curve

Thanks.  I found them.  How do I get them into the Music folder where I can see by Artist, Album, etc.?  Also there are still several albums shown in the Music folder of Media and the song will open but not play.  Any ideas?