Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
adrian_m_kells
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Strange Facebook Active Sessions from RIM

Hey all,

My girlfriend has shown me a screenshot of an active session on her facebook account. She uses a blackberry to access her Facebook however shes also in Cyprus. Lastnight she saw that there was an active session from Great Britian - I did a reverse DNS and the IP belongs to RIM - rdns.blackberry.net.

I understand that internet on blackberry is via BIS, therefore all routed traffic will go through BIS from her phone regardless of Carrier. 

Its just never shown it from that location before, Anyone aware of any BIS routers/proxies that exist in the UK ?

"Walton-on-thames, ENG, GB"

Thanks for your time with this.

Regards,

Adrian

New Contributor
adrian_m_kells
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Re: Strange Facebook Active Sessions from RIM

Never mind - I have logged into facbook using the bb browser and turns out it does the same thing except I'm from canada. Its just a routing thing with BIS and facebook and my carrier.

She was just concerned about someone accessing her facebook.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Strange Facebook Active Sessions from RIM

I'm glad you guys figured it out but as a precaution, go to the facebook site from a PC browser and go under the Security Settings.  I'm not sure exactly what path to follow but you can ask to have an SMS sent to your BlackBerry (or her to hers) whenever an unknown IP address tries to access your facebook account.  It's saved me a couple of times in the past and I highly recommend looking in to it.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.