Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Jaroam
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Tethering...

Is it possible to tether my tablet using my BB Torch 9850?  Or is that a "is it on your carrier account" thing?  Actually, that can't be the case because I can tether using a SGS2 - Epic 4G Touch and they're both on the same Sprint account.  So, what say you?  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
derekh4
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Tethering...

If you are running BB OS 7 you can setup a WIFI access point using your BB and connect to it with your tablet.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jaroam
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Okay, I'm rockin' version 7.1 on my Torch.  Let me verify what I want to do though.  Since the Nexus 7 tablet is WiFi only, I need to get internet access for it  when I'm not in reach of WiFI.  So I'd like to use my Sprint Torch's cellular signal to give the Nexus internet access.  Dig?  You're saying that's possible?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
derekh4

Yes, for sure. Check out this blog post (I don't have OS 7.1 yet but I know several people who do) which talks about wifi sharing with OS 7.1.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2012/01/blackberry-7-1-update/

You should be able to use the help function to determine exactly how to enable this on your Torch.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
derekh4

Please use plain text.