Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
DavePM
My Device: Bold 9900

Text messages being deleted

Hi,

We have a BES 5.0.4 installation hooked into our Exchange 2007 SP3 system, some users have reported that text messages are being automatically deleted from their Bold 9900 (OS7) devices.

Is there a way we can stop this, or configure it?

Ta

David

Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: Text messages being deleted

Hi DavePM,

Try this, it might help...

Go to "text messages" -> "Options" -> "Days to keep messages"....make it  "Forever" or select the limit as required...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Contributor
DavePM

Hi,

Will that effect emails from the Exchange server? I'd rather people didn't keep emails forever on their handset!

Ta

David

Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi,

The settings i gave in my last post was for "Test Messages" only...

For emails u have to follow the below path:

go to the particular email -> Options" -> "Message Display and Action" -> Days to keep Messages"...select the limit u want...

with regards
simply abhik...
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Text message deletions usually occur due to low memory on the handset itself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
DavePM

Hi,

I have checked one of our Bold 9900 and this option does not exist:

Go to "text messages" -> "Options" -> "Days to keep messages"....make it  "Forever" or select the limit as required...

There is not a "Days to keep messages" in that Options tree.

is there any other way?

Cheers

David

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That option doesn't exist for text messages.

If messages are being deleted check the free application memory on the devices reporting the problem. Low memory will cause the device to delete data to keep the device running. Been that way for years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
DavePM

Hi,

Thank I will take a look at the storage. I would find it strange that this has happened as the user said they only had a few text messages that they wanted to keep, can Blackberry only store a few text messages?

I have over a thousand on my personal Nokia phone!

Cheers

David

Guru I
John_Clark

Its not a matter of how many text messages. Its a matter of how many apps, pictures, and how much other data is stored on the device. Also, some devices, mine included, have memory leaks where memory will run down to zero from seemingly safe levels. I have 130+MB free memory after a battery pull. However, after 24-48 hours it will run down to zero. I have to reboot daily in order to not lose data when the memory reaches zero.
Contributor
DavePM

Just had a look on my 9900 and it shows 118.5Mb Free space under "Application Storage" and 6.2Gb under "Built-in Media Storage".

Would it be the former thats relevant?