Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

Three different Blackberry's..same consistent problem...

I recieved my first Blackberry over a year ago, it was an 8310 and was perfect. Absolutely nothing wrong with it in anyway. Naturally, I decided I wanted a better one, so I bought the 9700 from Rogers in early June of this year.

Since day one I had issues with the phone. And by issues, I mean one major one. People would call me and it would be a coin-toss as to whether my phone would ring, or go straight to voicemail without the phone ringing. I would only know they called because I recieved a text message saying WhoCalled or a voicemail. This would happen anywhere, no matter where I was.

Finally, after months of procrastinating, I called up Rogers in October and told them and they said they would send me another 9700, but a refurbished one. I agreed and recieved it. Same exact problem. They made me switch SIM cards, reboot the phone, everything. Both phones had the same problem. So I called them back once again, and after many calls and hassle, I finally got them to send me a brand new 9780 which I recieved a week ago. So I was happy, thinking the problem was solved.

Nope. Same, exact, problem. I've even tested it. I've stared at my phone and had someone call me and nothing. Once again, no matter where I am. So I'm fed up and want to know what the problem is. Is it Rogers? Is it Blackberry? Is it my area? I'm out of options basically.

Anyone have the same problem or any ideas on a fix?

All Replies
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Three different Blackberry's..same consistent problem...

are you in a location where network coverage is bad ?

are you using 3G ?

can you try the same by using 2G only ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: