Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
kop32
My Device: Torch 9800

Torch 9800 and Bluetooth problems

Hi,

This is my first post so be gentle,

I got my 9800 this week and its everything I hoped it would be,however, after connecting it via Bluetooth to my Renault Megane Coupe I have the following issue,it keeps randomly disconnecting itself,mainly while playing music through the system,i have granted the phone and system full access to each other but it still drops connection,any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps both the phone and car have the latest software/firmware installed.

Martin

Please use plain text.
Retired
Dr_Palto
My Device: 9000, 9500

Re: Torch 9800 and Bluetooth problems

Hello,

When does it happen? How long before it disconnects? Is there a security time out on the BlackBerry smartphone so it locks? Does it do this on phone calls or only music?

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kop32

Thanks for the swift response I dont know if there is a security time out (how do i check???),and it happens after about 5 or 6 minutes.

Please use plain text.
Retired
Dr_Palto
My Device: 9000, 9500

Hello,

Does it always happen at the same time/interval. Security time out can be found under Options-Security-Password.

Also make sure to navigate to Options-Network and Connections-Bluetooth Connection-highlight the device press the menu key select device properties. Make sure it is set to trusted here and test again.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
james_s_collins

[ Edited ]

Same thing has just started happening on my Merc C250.

Was absolutely fine for the first two months (and fine on my prev. BMW).

Now the bluetooth drops out after 50 seconds, then comes back in about 10 secs, and the process repeats.

Also now unable to read text messages on the car screen.

Tried a colleagues 9800 (purchased same day as mine = exactly same phone) and anothers 9700 and they are both absolutely fine - no dropouts & can read their SMS's on the car screen, so it's obviously my handset.

Will take it back to the shop asap!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
foggl3
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

I have my torch connected to my F150 and when music is playing, it skips quite often
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
james_s_collins

Just a quick update, shop suggested I update my firmware (although my colleagues phone was running exactly the same firmware and his worked fine in my car).  Anyway - did so and now bluetooth is OK, not dropped out yet, but still not able to read SMS/text messages on the car screen, like I used to be able to.  Also firmware update has wiped about 90€€€ pcent of my contacts.  Thanks Blackberry!  iPhone just works, wish my company would switch asap.

Please use plain text.
FLC
FLC

I have had my 9800 Torch (torture would be more like it) hooked up to my MB for some time now and working fine. Out of nowhere it is not hooking up on bluetooth anymore. When I look at my phone, it may say that bluetooth is off, so I try to turn it on and it keeps fliipping to off. When it says it's on, it still does not pair with the car. I've tried re-pairing but to no avail. The car does recognize the phone anymore. Even though my little blue bluetooth light is blinking away and the bluetooth symbol shows on the phone. Under bluetooth in the options list, there is no device shown as being paired. What's going on and how do you fix this???

Please use plain text.
Visitor
emmatti

Dear members,

I have a very strange problem. My Torch 9800 is used in a SKODA Superb with built-in hands-free set. The connection is established, everything is working fine, but when I use the Skoda's built in display to choose from phone numbers instead of the Blackberry, my phone number will not be transferred, so all of my calls appears as "hidden number" or "unknown". As I use the Blackberry keypad with this hands free set connected this problem "disappears" so the called partner can see my mobile number. I have tried with an other mobile phone, but this problem is related only with my Blackberry. Unfortunately, my company has an other Skoda with same options and an other Blackberry Torch, but this car and Blackberry set has no such problem. What kind of setting must be checked? On my phone I use the latest software.

Thanks for your kind help!

BR/

Attila

Please use plain text.
jack782

Hi, there didn't seem to be an answer to this problem. I have a torch 9800 and a motorola tk30 handsfree system. The phone connects and then after 5 seconds disconnects, doing this repeatedly until I manually disconnect. I had tried firmware updates and battery pull but all to no avail. Please help!

Please use plain text.