Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
BobBaker
My Device: Blacberry Bold
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Transferring Contacts, Photos, MemoPad Notes

Lost my job so had to discontinue my BB :;(   How do I get all of my contact info, photos and MemoPad notes off the BB?  Or where is this information generally stored on a Windows laptop?  My main goal is to export all of my contacts into my gmail account.  I would also like to get the pictures of my father and I golfing...   Big thanks! rpb

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,847
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Transferring Contacts, Photos, MemoPad Notes

It is always helpful to receive help, to include your exact BlackBerry device model # and carrier name, so that when you have a question, that information won't need to be asked up front. Also, stating your device Operating System version is normally another common question, found on your BlackBerry at Options > About, third line down, looks like "v4.x.x.xxx"

1. Where are your pictures stored? If they are on the Media Card, just remove the media card and keep it.

You can also use the Blackberry Desktop Software to sync the media and pictures to your PC.

2. Contacts, memos, etc., sync to Outlook on your PC if you use Outlook, or backup of the device to the PC using the BlackBerry Desktop Software. The backup file is ONLY usable to restore to another BlackBerry... so syncing to Outlook is the best bet.

AND, if your BlackBerr device is/was on a BES account with IT Policies, none of the above may be possible... but again, you haven't stated the detail needed to answer your questions fully.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BobBaker
My Device: Blacberry Bold
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Transferring Contacts, Photos, MemoPad Notes

Thank you for the feedback on getting help.  My BB is a Bold model #9000, v 5.0.0.1067.  My former carrier was AT&T.

I thought, as you said, the contacts synch with Outlook.  I looked at both Outlook and Outlook Express and both contact lists are significantly different from those in my BB.  Guess I will just have to re-key missing contacts.

As for the pics, I may need to install the media app.  Problem is that we just moved and I have no idea where the disc is.

Thanks so much for trying to help!  Kudos for that!

Please use plain text.