Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
blazeking
My Device: 9800

Re: Unlocking your BlackBerry Guide

Hi,

How can i unlock my bb 9800 mep 0 left ?

JSanders : your unlock  guide is only for  carriier unlocking not for mep 0 left ?

Regards

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

blazeking wrote:

How can i unlock my bb 9800 mep 0 left ?

After the ten attempts have been used, there are three routes, and only three, to achieve this.

* Purchase a MEP unlock code from a MEP unlocking vendor on the internet. Be wise and make sure you purchase from one with a good reputation and with good reviews and feedback.

* IF your device is in warranty, contact your service provider technical support. Tell them you have this issue which needs to be escalated to RIM level customer support. I'll warn you that most carrier technical support people will first assume and think you are referring to a device security unlock, and you will need to convince them otherwise and explain clearly what you need. THEY will not be able to help you because the carriers themselves cannot unlock a device which has had the MEP code attempts depleted, and should (and you will need to ask) to have the case escalated to RIM level tech support.
* If your device is out of warranty, contact RIM direct. See the Contact Us information from the website: http://ca.blackberry.com/contact/ The options you want to select to speak to BlackBerry Customer Care are 3 (for inquiries, orders, billing, e-RMA etc) then 5 (e-RMA and Out of Warranty).

Make sense? Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
ogarweb
My Device: Bold 9900

HI

I have read some of your posts and in Bold 9900 says network blocked.  Is there a way to find out which network it is blocked to?

JSanders

It's blocked to the network whose SIM is inserted in your BlackBerry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ogarweb
My Device: Bold 9900

I looked up the vendor code for it and its for Bell.

I went to Bell and they gave me a new SIM card for it and when I turn it on, it still asks for an unlock code and says the network is blocked.

JSanders

Where was this device purchased?

Knowledge Base Updates
Visitor
EricDerik
My Device: BOLD & 9780

Hi,

I have exhausted my number of trials inputting the Blackberry Bold 9780 Network MEP codes. How do I unlock/unblock my phone?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

EricDerik wrote:

Hi,

I have exhausted my number of trials inputting the Blackberry Bold 9780 Network MEP codes. How do I unlock/unblock my phone?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You don't...If you have used up all of your chances to enter the correct unlock code, there is nothing further you can do. Even if you happen to have now the correct code, it is useless. Only the factory can now (legally) unlock your BB. Typically, I've heard that the cost of having BlackBerry do this for you will be greater than the cost of just buying a new one. But, you are able to ask them...see here:

Note, however, that this process will start with a fee...

If you obtained your unlock code from somewhere but it was incorrect, your recourse could be with them -- however, they may well question why you exhausted all 10 attempts before contacting them.

If your BB was already MEP locked and you obtained it from a source that represented it as being able to be unlocked, then your recourse would be with the seller you obtained it from.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders

EricDerik wrote:

Hi,

Along with what Sdgardne stated, if you scroll up five posts above yours, it is answered.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
moustapha911
My Device: Z10

Unlocking your BlackBerry Guide

[ Edited ]

I Just Got A BlackBerry Z10 , I Tap The Unlock Security 10 Times , How Can I Repair It Or What Is The Solution That I Can Do To Work My Mobile Again ? Thank You .