Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
zainmw91
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Zain MW
Accepted Solution

Video Calls between BlackBerry or Voip calls Must read over a year a RIM does nothing about it....!!! Must have in bb10 fix your mistakes

[ Edited ]

Well i am not a programmer but those who are out their Please answer this..?

Why isnt their a app that can allow us to make voip calls blackberry to blackberry ok forget voip calls something like skype or facetime where users with phones like blackberry 9900 or the 9860  can call each other video time i got the play book blackberry its pretty useless i never use it no offence cause i can t skype video call my friends family need to have a playbook to call me ridculous if you look @ the samsung or the iphone they all have skype so if other users don t have the same mobile phone they can still video call each other pc to phone or ipad to pc... etc

i posted this on your facebook wall to and hope something is done about it 

Question to blackberry why don't they have a app like Viber or skype where users who have blackberry's like 9900 or the 9860 in which both mobile phones have front camera's could skype call or a app like viber in which blackberry users can call over voip... this is a reall fall down for blackberry we've been waiting for a app for almost a year also rang up RIM to do something about it.... most users go for iphone so on cause of these two apps that keeps them connected in reall video time... appreciate some response on this...

looking foward to the bb 10 having these simple everyday use features sucks not having them so fustrating i have to think of spending 529 pound just cause the 9900 can t support skype and the playbook just isnt the feel 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Video Calls between BlackBerry or Voip calls Must read over a year a RIM does nothing about it....!!! Must have in bb10 fix your mistakes

That might be a question best directed to Skype and not here in the forums.  Skype does have an app for BlackBerry however it's available only to U.S. subscribers using Verizon.  (This information might be out of date at this writing; that's the most up-to-date info I have.)  Seeing as these forums are staffed (not the right choice of words) by volunteers who love BlackBerry phones and not by RIM developers, your chance of getting the answer you seek might be slim.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zainmw91
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Zain MW

Re: Video Calls between BlackBerry or Voip calls Must read over a year a RIM does nothing about it....!!! Must have in bb10 fix your mistakes

Appreciate your reply i e-mailed both rim and skype about this non of them replied back i was just back logged with auto system ... this is frustrating atlist one of the companies should put effort in this getting fixed like rim can contact skype to support them or bulid their own app for blackberry's to face time each other.... i probably move to the iPhone cause of this need to video call family i bought 9900 hoping skype would come to it cause it has a front camera but seems like they dont care.... anyways billy thanks for the reply
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

You're welcome for the help.

Incidentally, the 9900 has a rear camera only, no front camera.  No BlackBerry phone has both cameras, only the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet does.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.