Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
My Device: 9520 Storm2
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Vote for free BIS!

Yes I now think that RIM should make available this(BIS) service free.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

Yes, there are a few. Bharat Berry in India, HudeeMail (former Shangmail) in China.
The latter is pretty good and I'm currently use it, but it drains the battery big time, sometimes makes the phone hot untill rebooted, and doesn't delete emails in my Yahoo mailbox when I delete them on BB (I use imap protocol).
Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

Of course they charge for BIS, nothing in life is free!! The only way I could see the consumer getting BIS for free is if the service provider gave it to the consumers for free, but then the service provider still has to pay for it to RIM which most likely would result in higher prices for their GSM services...

With an Apple or Droid device there is ONLY GSM services, no BIS at all and nothing similar.

I am happy to pay for BIS, that's why I chose BlackBerry but of course, I wouldn't mind paying less...
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Tmobile

I have the curve 9310 on PagePlus. I contacted customer service and, there is no plans to add BIS so, I decided to switch to Straighttalk or Verizon prepaid plans because they don't charge the 40.00 access line fee plus the plan of choice.