Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
kirstycollins96
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: Virgin

Water damage

I drop me phone down me toilet and it was working fine after for like 2 minutes, i think the water damge inderators have only been dameged, can someone help me by telling me is this easy to fix and whats the worst that can happen and can be fixed? Thanks x

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Water damage

Remove the battery immediately. Then remove the sim card and memory card.

Place the device in a bag of uncooked rice or in a warm place like on top of a stereo for about 3-4 days. Do NOT "check" to see how it's doing by reinserting the battery. Give it about 3-4 days before you do anything with it.

It may be too late already if you've tried using it while it's still wet inside. You'll have to wait a few days and see.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kirstycollins96

Thanks it dont seem like theres water in my phone because i cant hear or see anything.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

So, you think it fell in the toilet but didn't get water in it? I can tell you it is wet inside. Every second you leave it wet you risk ruining the device. You can take my advice or not. Up to you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kirstycollins96

It did because i picked it out and the longest it was in there 5 seconds, i am gunna take your advise i was just saying i cant see or hear any water in it but the indicator has gone red do you recon it would work if i get new ones put on?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

1 second is enough to drench it inside and out and ruin the device.

The moisture indicators are just stickers. They have nothing to do with the functionality of the device. If you've been trying to use it all this time it is likely the device is ruined. Your only hope is to do what I suggested above. It may or may not come back to life.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Don't fool around when it comes to moisture, just follow John_Clark's advice exactly. What he said to do is what you have to do...nothing more, nothing less.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Davidaddicted24
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: Blackberry

put your phone in sunlight from back side and if it does not work go for service center.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Davidaddicted24 wrote:

put your phone in sunlight from back side and if it does not work go for service center.

That often is not enough, and basically not good advice. Placing the device with the battery REMOVED, in a container of dry white rice is best for good drying out.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.