Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
michaelc
My Device: Not Specified

What can cause: "Memory cleaning is being enabled"

Hi,

Earlier today, I was getting a message "Content protection is not enabled.  Apps are still using Content Protection Key."  This is a weird message, since a Content Protection Key is useless to apps on a device where Content Protection is not enabled -- and how did they get the key in the first place?  I never had it enabled before.

In any case, I enabled Content Protection to see if it would go away.  Later, I get a different message: "Memory cleaning is being enabled. This operation may take a few minutes to complete."  I've never touched the "Memory Cleaning" option and do not know its prior status.  I'm guessing it is turned on as a result of turning on Content Protection, as the "Memory Cleaning" enable/disable button is locked into the enable state. 

So, I think I've answered my questions as to how to resolve these odd errors and learned the results of those options.  I'm still not sure about the reason the apps had a content protection key nor why this warning would come up occasionally. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, 

Mike 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: What can cause: "Memory cleaning is being enabled"

Are you on BES? If so then your system admin might have enabled/disabled all these.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.