Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8500
My Carrier: Zain

WhatsApp Deleted My BB Contacts

I just deleted What's App from my BB Curve 9360 and it prompted a reboot, which I did. When the phone powered back up, I'd lost ALL my hundreds of contacts, my call logs and ALL my emails (thousands of messages in 3 accounts). Is there anyway to recover this?
I've seen from the web and the forum that this is a fairly common issue with WhatsApp, but haven't seen a resolution. I've re-installed and no change. If I'm only going to have this issue again, I'd prefer to delete the app before retrieving / re-installing my contacts. Thanks a lot!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: WhatsApp Deleted My BB Contacts

Hello eomame

Welcome to the Community

Sorry to hear what happened on your phone. Moving forward, please ensure you backup your phone regularly so that your can easily restore everything from a Backup File.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor

Ron, thanks. In other words without a recent back up, there's nothing else to be done? :-( Also, you didn't say if this is a recognised issue with Whatsapp and what RIM and Whatsapp are doing to resolve if so? Thanks
Forums Veteran I

It must be an issue with the app but if you read every app's terms and agreement, there's always something about backing up your data because it will not be held as the vendor's responsibility in cases of lost data.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Thanks *sigh*
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I

My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: student

Hayy Ronbob
I connect my blackberry 9900 to my pc...and just like a dream all my contacts got washed away after restoring my phone using blackberry messenger...please is their anway I can get them?