Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

smuslu
My Device: Torch 9810

Zombie e-mail accounts

[ Edited ]

I have a Torch 9810 that I purchased from AT&T and currently use in Turkey with a Turkcell SIM+service.

I recently upgraded from OS 7.0 to the 7.1 bundle as per the Desktop Software's suggestion.  After the upgrade, I started getting duplicate e-mails.  I removed all the accounts (on the device as well as on Turkcell BIS) in order to start over.  I made sure there were no ServiceBook entries related to e-mail nor any Defaults.  I continued getting e-mail!!!

I suspect this has something to do with my initial configuration on the AT&T network and the mails are directed from there.  How do I get rid of that setting?  Again, no ServiceBook entries or Defaults that refer to  any e-mail accounts.  In fact, I cannot reply to e-mail nor compose any new e-mail ("no e-mail services registered").  I tried the SecurityWipe twice and as soon as I register by BBID (no way of by-passing that during start-up), e-mails start coming in.  There is nothing on the BBID account online that references e-mail.  And, I obviously cannot access the AT&T BIS from my current location in Turkey.

Where else can the e-mail account info be stored, and how can I remove it?