Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

anyone having problems uploading mobile videos to Facebook via MMS?

[ Edited ]
I cannot upload videos to Facebook with my BlackBerry Curve 8320.

Whenever I try, I get this reply back:
"/ Facebook Video / Sorry, that video format is not supported."

Despite the fact that I can send both pictures and videos with my BlackBerry Curve 8320 to others, I can only send pictures to Facebook with it.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Facebook Mobile
Upload photos and videos straight to Facebook from your phone.
Send an MMS to:
mobile@facebook.com

Upload videos from your mobile phone.
Send your videos to:
video@facebook.com
Message Edited by Abraxias on 12-20-2008 07:43 PM
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

Re: anyone having problems uploading mobile videos to Facebook via MMS?

[ Edited ]

Yes, I'm having the same issue.  I have a Storm but that shouldn't make any difference.

I can upload photos to mobile@facebook.com.  I can even use the "Send to Facebook" directly from the menu.

Videos, however... I get an error message ""Sorry, we were unable to identify a video in that message".

If I upload a 3GPP video to mobile@facebook.com, I get an error message "Sorry, we couldn't find any photos in that message".

So, videos are supposed to go to video@facebook.com and photos to mobile@facebook.com.  In addition to that, Facebook Mobile does say to upload photos and videos to mobile@facebook.com but in MMS format.  I don't have an option to send an MMS format video (last time I checked they're still 3GPP files...) and if I go through "Compose MMS" via SMS Messages, the size of the file is too big and the device rejects it.

I wish someone could shed some light over this.  Surely my friend above and I are not the only people who would like to upload video to Facebook!

Message Edited by Miikka on 12-20-2008 03:36 PM
Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi Miikka,

you can send videos to BOTH video@facebook.com and mobile@facebook.com

MMS = multimedia messaging service
SMS = short message service

SMS is exclusively for text (no multimedia) messages up to 160 characters.

most carriers have a limit of 300kB per MMS.

on the Options menu of my Curve 8320, it has 2 Video Formats:  Normal (240x180) and MMS Mode (176x144).

selecting the MMS Mode automatically limits the video file size to under 300kB.

the following might be useful for you:

• Change the video size and format
  • View the size of an MMS message before sending it
  • Send an MMS message
  • I don't know, if these will help in sending MMS videos to Facebook.
    Message Edited by Abraxias on 12-20-2008 07:41 PM

Hi All

Im having the same problem

I contacted a friend at RIM and they said this function was not supported

On another note, I can upload my Blackberry Bold Videos as MMS to You Tube with one click

Works like a charm

Then you can upload a video from You Tube to Facebook with one click, but only from the LAPTOP 

Has anyone used their Blackberry Bold to Share a Link to Facebook?

Thanks 

My Device: Curve 8530
    My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

[ Edited ]

Abraxias' instructions are correct. To send a video as an email attachment, 5MB is the largest file size. Another process is possible, though a bit longer and requires direct connection to a computer. This alternate process is great for large files. I used this method for a video that was 12MB.

Connect your BB to a computer using the USB cable that comes with your device.

In your Options folder, choose Memory.

Set Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) to ON.

Set Mass Storage Mode Support to ON.

Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected will open once the two above are on. Select YES.

Press your Menu button.

Select Save.

In a moment, a BB icon should appear in your Desktop. Now, your device works like a mass storage device (external hard drive or thumb drive). Find your video file and click and drag into desired folder or Desktop.

From there, you can choose your video file and upload to any site, including Facebook.

When you're done, properly eject your BB device. Done. Yay!

New Contributor
    My Device: curve 8530 smartphone
    My Carrier: Bell Mobility

hi

i just got my blackberry curve 8530 smartphone on may 1 (the newest curve that came out)through bell mobility.i am a facebook user myself and im just wondering if all this assistance for the 83 series is the same for the 85xx series or is there a different protocol for the 85xx series.i have the vid stored on my media card waiting to put it on facebook.i tried the app i took this on my phone and i set it up for facebook i uploaded my vid to i took it on my phone but then that app said its still in queue even though i seen the progress bar go from 0 to 100 THEN it said it was in queue.i couldnt figure out how to get it out of queue on i took this on my phone.i just need to know how to send vid directly to my facebook wall from the curve.is the mb max the same for mms on the 8530 as the 8330 5mb?

thank you

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Facebook Mobile uploading has changed.

you are now provided with your own unique e-mail address for Facebook Mobile uploading.

Visitor
    My Device: curve 8330
    My Carrier: boost

Got a work around here

set up an account at posterous.com (I had problems doing this on the BB , but it was fairly smooth on PC)

then with 1 email you can upload to facebook,twitter,youtube and a host of other sites

it doesn't actually upload it to facebook but it will post a link with thumbnail on your feed that plays when clicked

it will upload the video to your youtube account if you choose to set it up that way

on twitter it just posts a link back to your posterous page

there are a bunch of other social media sites that posterous will link together but I've only set up for the three I mentioned

I don't know why video upload (from phone) to facebook does not work I've tried useing the special email but that doesn't work either, I know it works from other phones, this is IMHO a RIM/BB issue (maybe because it goes threw the BIS/BES servers (just guessing here)) but anyway going threw posterous works fairly well for a work around and if you have a few sites you want to post to it kills a few birds with 1 stone

My Device: torch 9800
    My Carrier: aTT

My torch will not give me the option to to send my video to facebook. The only option I get is to send via blue tooth or youtube. Anyone else have this problem? I am new to the blackberry world. Thanks