Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
xj517
My Device: Not Specified

app error 523 message

My blackberry displays "app error 523" "reset" error. I have done every thing short of throwing the thing out of the window, and I still cannot get the unit to boot. HELP
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: app error 523 message

Try any of the following -

1. Uninstall any recently installed applications from your device
  2. Download and Install the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software from your carrier download site

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
barlas

I have done so... But it keeps on turning of with the Code 523...

Any more comments?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xj517

App error 523 solved!!

Assuming you have a password on your device--  launch application loader (the device will be connected even though the DM indicates it is disconnected)and when prompted for your device password enter an incorrect value (4 character minimum) 10 times. This will trigger the automatic wiping and scubbing of device. Upon completion, you which will enable you to reinstall the device software through the DM (which will now correctly display status as connected). Be patient the total wiping and scrubbing process may take about 2hrs.

John

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
forgiven318

That isn't working for me.  Application loader won't load unless I disconnect the blackberry and then when I connect it again the program freezes.  I am stuck with an almost new blackberry that won't turn on or do anything.  Any help in sight?   

What is app error 523?  I don't think I loaded any new software just before it happened.   Why won't reset work?  I've disconnected the battery over and over and even left it disconnected for a few days (as if more time would make it more reset than less time.  I know that's silly but I did try it).  If I need to remove some software, that is a moot point because it won't let me do anything at all.

xj517 wrote:

App error 523 solved!!

Assuming you have a password on your device--  launch application loader (the device will be connected even though the DM indicates it is disconnected)and when prompted for your device password enter an incorrect value (4 character minimum) 10 times. This will trigger the automatic wiping and scubbing of device. Upon completion, you which will enable you to reinstall the device software through the DM (which will now correctly display status as connected). Be patient the total wiping and scrubbing process may take about 2hrs.

John

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

Hello Forgiven318,

Are you able to click on any of the Desktop manager programs with the handset connected?

Does the Desktop manager say: Connected or Disconnected or Disabled?

Can you click on backup/Restore and run the backup program?

Then try clicking on tnhe Application loader program?

If the devcie is not recognised then the Desktop Manager will try to read the devcie and tell you it cant (an error of some kind).

If the Desktop Manager is locking up, this sounds like the program is the wrong version (ie 4.2 for an 8100, etc)

Downlaod the Desktop Manager software form your Carriers website (the latest is 4.3 AFAIK) and install this.

Make sure you uninstall all the Blackberry software first!

Let us know how you go... 

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Aristocat

YOU MAY NOT HAVE TO RE-INSTALL THE OS

With the tool javaloader you can delete the modul net_rim_bb_mms. When the device boots and you can see the branding from your provider it is possible to connect to the device via command promt from dos. You have to enter your password and then it possible to delete this modul. With the command written below. The bad news is - no mms.

C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>javaloader -u -w erase -f net_rim_bb_mms

If you can`t find the tool javaloader within the www - post me a message - I will send it to you.

Peter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
forgiven318

I finally got my BB back.  I actually couldn't get there at all on connecting my 8310 with OS 4.2.2 to my old PC with Desktop manager.   Desktop manager never came alive at all for me.  But I had just purchased an iMAC, but hadn't got everything set up when this happened.  I figured that if I didn't get the BB synced with the PC before I tried to transfer it to the mac, that I would have more problems later.  So I was spazzing that I couldn't do it.  But I went ahead and downloaded Pocketmac for Blackberry and connected the BB.  And it did not work.  It just kept on giving me the same message App Error 523.  But I tried the suggestion made by xj? (sorry, can't remember your username) on his (her?) message about "App Error 523 solved".  I kept trying it over and over and over with the wrong password.  Finally, it broke through some barrier and said it was wiping.  That took about 1 half hour or so but finally, I had a blank but functional blackberry.  I guess it probably could have been some 3rd party software.  But I have to say, it did not take 10 times of resetting before it wiped the memory and came back to life.  It was more like 50 or 60 or more times.   But back to normal now.  Thanks for all your help!  
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kayleesmom77

Re: Re: app error 523 message

I'm having same problem...I have scrubbed and all is well until I connect to the network, then it seems as if my device is being modified by a remote user-and I have a 3rd browser called MDS which I'm unable to do anything with...someone help please!!! 8310/4.2.2.170
Please use plain text.
sjoybell

Thank you!!!! I had this error come up, and I tried this and it worked!!! THANKS!!  :smileyvery-happy:

xj517 wrote:

App error 523 solved!!

Assuming you have a password on your device--  launch application loader (the device will be connected even though the DM indicates it is disconnected)and when prompted for your device password enter an incorrect value (4 character minimum) 10 times. This will trigger the automatic wiping and scubbing of device. Upon completion, you which will enable you to reinstall the device software through the DM (which will now correctly display status as connected). Be patient the total wiping and scrubhappy:bing process may take about 2hrs.

John

Please use plain text.