Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

cnote
My Device: Not Specified

Re: app error 523 message

[ Edited ]

I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING TO MY BB8800 for weeks and today I get APP ERROR 523 RESET every time I reboot/reset.   Can't someone from blackberry just explain this error ? I want a technical explanation. I figure I am owed that since I will have to be chucking this phone in the trash and buying another phone, and, of course, NOT a Blackberry, NEVER AGAIN, WILL I EVER BUY ANOTHER BLACKBERRY.  This app error happened on the same phone some months ago and after resetting it about 5 times it started working again.  What a load of dung, I did nothing and the error resolved itself???  How could that be? other than the error was, itself, an ERROR caused by horrible programming at RIM.  Argggg!!!! I could spit nails!

I am just fed up with technology companies churning out products with no real support and asking users to pay hard earned money for stuff that does not work all the time. 

Shame on RIM for allowing this error to be displayed without any real solutions, other than the defacto format, reload and reboot !

[EDIT: cleaned content of post]

Message Edited by dany_s on 10-17-2008 06:41 PM
Message Edited by dany_s on 10-17-2008 06:41 PM
ucrgrad06

My blackberry pearl (8100) is not password protected and when I try to use Desktop manager to update the software halfway through the update the blackberry will stop give the 523 message and the update will stop saying there's a fatal error try again. 

I downloaded the desktop manager (v4.3) and the handheld software from the t-mobile website....

HELP ASAP!

Kelly 

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

seems like RIM is aware of that problem, but not aware of the fact that it happens on devices other than the Bold.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB16178&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
dirkrosquillas

Thank you aristocat. that worked for me!! . I downloaded the javaloader from http://www.blackberryforums.com/attachments/general-blackberry-discussion/13369d1223645116-jl_cmder-... 

Any idea whats wrong with the BB chat? it looks like a very buggy app.

JC65

Thanks this worked for me with the same error and you are right it does take about two hours.
XBB
XBB

Aristocat wrote:

YOU MAY NOT HAVE TO RE-INSTALL THE OS

With the tool javaloader you can delete the modul net_rim_bb_mms. When the device boots and you can see the branding from your provider it is possible to connect to the device via command promt from dos. You have to enter your password and then it possible to delete this modul. With the command written below. The bad news is - no mms.

C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>javaloader -u -w erase -f net_rim_bb_mms

If you can`t find the tool javaloader within the www - post me a message - I will send it to you.

Peter

Worked like a charm for me – thank you very much Peter !

For the future users, omit –w option, javaloader will prompt you for password

thanks again

New Contributor
speelk

so i just got a BB curve 5320 i beleive. had for 1 day and got the error 523.......

this is my 1st BB and i have no idea how to do anything with it yet, i have no idea what these directions above are...

can anyone explain it in simpler terms?

javaloader, OS, dos, command prompt, ????? wtf ugh i just want a working phone

please help

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

speelk wrote:

so i just got a BB curve 5320 i beleive. had for 1 day and got the error 523.......

this is my 1st BB and i have no idea how to do anything with it yet, i have no idea what these directions above are...

can anyone explain it in simpler terms?

javaloader, OS, dos, command prompt, ????? wtf ugh i just want a working phone

please help

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

There are actually a few different 523 errors -- can you provide the exact syntax of the error on your BB? Then we can point you in the correct direction.

PS -- you want a working phone plus something simple...that's not likely, so settle in for some work, OK? Have some patience and we will help you through it.

Cheers!

Message Edited by sdgardne on 07-30-2009 06:46 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
speelk

it says

App Error 523 and under it says reset

i have the blackberry curve 8320

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

speelk wrote:

it says

App Error 523 and under it says reset

i have the blackberry curve 8320

OK...then here is the KB I think you need:

KB11816 "523 app. error. Reset" error is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone

It discusses a slightly different model number, but I think it is correct for you. Be sure to follow through to the link that discusses how to reload your device OS...because your BB is presently a brick, needing to be reloaded. BTW -- I hope you have a recent backup to restore from...cuz everything on your BB is now lost.

Good luck! Come back with more questions -- follow the instructions very carefully, they will get you there...and we are here as backup.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code