Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
forgiven318
My Device: Not Specified

Re: app error 523 message

Hi, I'm sorry that all of you are having these problems.  It's supposed to be a very rare problem, but that was not my experience.  I have a contract for my BB (8310 Curve), so after it kept doing this error over and over and over, I took it back to the service provider's shop and got a new one.  Unfortunately that one did it even more.  Unpredictably and just when I really needed the phone the most, of course.  Then finally it would not come back, even with 100s of times of doing the reset thing with the wrong password, it never would wipe and reset.  So I took it back again.  And thank G_d for vodafone, they exchanged it for me again. (they should, I'm paying plenty)   Good news, the new one has never done it.  I've had it for at least 7 or 8 months and it is the way they were all supposed to be:  Very reliable.  So, you might want to talk to the folks that can exchange your phone.  It seems like there is something defective in the phone itself that stays after you completely wipe all software and data.  I know from serial numbers, pins, etc, that I have had three different phones.  two were defective, the third one is not.  So keep trying!  Blessings!
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

Hi ucrgrad606,

>

My blackberry pearl (8100) is not password protected and when I try to use Desktop manager to update the software halfway through the update the blackberry will stop give the 523 message and the update will stop saying there's a fatal error try again. 

I downloaded the desktop manager (v4.3) and the handheld software from the t-mobile website....

HELP ASAP!

Kelly

>

This is a MS Windows issue.

During the OS reload the device restarts and the Desktop Manager waits without sending any traffic over the USB port (why? the devcie isnt going to respond as it is restarting!).

Windows thinks your not using the port and, if power managemet is enabled for the USB root hub, disconnects the power to the usb port and thus to the device. Thus the device will restart and not get the data from the Desktop manager and be unable to load.

Thus do the following BEFORE doing an OS reload:

- Start -  Control Panel - System - Harware - Device Manager - Universal Serial Bus COntrollers

- hit the 'plus' sign to expand the list.

For each USB ROOT HUB, right click and select properties.

Click Power Management Tab

Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off USB to conserve power"

This is the deathneth to BB's and unchecking for ALL USB root hubs will enable to you have a wonderful device again!

(NB: You have to do to all USB root hubs as we cant tell which one Windows uses for each port... )

Hope this helps!

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
mcrmy44

[ Edited ]
will wiping the system delete all of my info (contacts, pictures, messages...etc.)?
Message Edited by mcrmy44 on 09-08-2009 03:06 PM
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

mcrmy44 wrote:
will wiping the system delete all of my info (contacts, pictures, messages...etc.)?
Message Edited by mcrmy44 on 09-08-2009 03:06 PM

Yes...see these KBs:

KB14058 Delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Wipe Handheld option
KB16307 Actions that the BlackBerry smartphone performs during BlackBerry smartphone wipe processes

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
jamesworley

Please help me!

I have tried and tried to find the BlackBerry Java Loader program, with no luck!

I need to finx a app error 523 on My Blackberry 8350i !

If you can asist me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank You!

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

for what it's worth, the Loader is available at the following locations :

windows 2000/XP : C:\Program Files\Common files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
debztm
My Device: Bold 9000

what if u don't have a password set on ur fone :smileysad:

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

@debztm : please explain your question

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
o2khmer
My Device: Curve 8520

i have the BB curve 8520 and i got that app error 523 message what should i do?

Visitor
kwangcpa
My Device: 8300

I got an App Error 523 message yesterday.  After reading and following everyone's input, I  have come to the process where I choose "Application Loader" from  Blackberry Desktop Manager to try to "remove" applications.

But the process is  stuck at "Connect to Device" and it doesn't  seem to move any where.  Does anyone know how long this may take?

Kenneth