Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Ktokkie
My Device: Blackberry 9810

bbm

hi there I was wondering how do you associate your bb ID with your bbm for if you get a new bb that you dont lose your bbm contacts or must reinvite them

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: bbm

Hello,

If you have upgraded to BBM7, then the process is to, on the new BB, simply log into the exact same BB ID that you used on the old BB...that transfers many things to the new BB, including the BBM contacts that are backed up "to the cloud".

There is also the Device Switch Wizard, which automates quite a lot of the transfer from an old BB to a new one.

Likewise, if you are pre-BBM7, then you can backup your BBM contacts and restore them to another BB. You can find information about that via the link in my auto-sig on this post.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ktokkie
My Device: Blackberry 9810

Hi there tanx I have got blackberry 9810 and bbm7 but how do I know if its assosiated with bb I'd? How can I check?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

KB28684 How to confirm a BlackBerry ID username

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.