Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
rachleatherland
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: t-mobile

blackberry 9360 fell in toilet..

hi 

it fell in the toilet face down, was only in there for like 30 seconds. none of the stickers are damaged they're still white. when i took the phone out it didnt have much water init. i took the battery sim and memory card out over night and it still wont turn on. instead of a red light its turned blue and flashes. i tried charging it and plugging it into my laptop it wont charge either. the screen has got like white lines but if you touch or warm the screen they go. what do i do? its a brand new phone aswell:smileysad: im not on contract so i cant easily get it replaced.

do i just need to keep it warm?

any suggestions are welcome

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rachleatherland

Re: blackberry 9360 fell in toilet..

ive been keeping it warm and the lights gone back red but still wont turn on
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Remove the battery and put it and the phone in a bowl of uncooked rice for 4-5 days.  Don't take either one out before that time or you risk doing damage to them.  Above all, don't try to power up the phone until the 4-5 days have passed.  That's what kills the phone.  It's not so much the water in it, it's the moisture getting trapped between the electrical contacts and frying the phone when you try to power it up before it's completely dry.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rachleatherland

i went to some man and he said my screen needs replacing cus it turns on but nothing happens on the screen, but i will try this!:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
T4hir
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodaphone

You need to give it a good few days in a nice warm and dry place, battery out and back cover removed. In the interim, do not try to turn on. Patience is the name of the game. Best place for the temporary hibernation would be a radiator shelf.
Please use plain text.
rohib
My Device: blackberry 9360
My Carrier: orange

what did you do ?

Please use plain text.