Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800

blackberry smartcard reader PIV/CAC support

Good Evening,

Does anyone know if there is a list that exists of the smartcards that have been tested with the version 2.0 secure smartcard reader?  I know the documentation states, PIV and CAC support which in theory should cover all cards that are PIV and CAC enabled.  However, my concern is that the drivers will only support specific manufacturers of PIV/CAC cards.

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: blackberry smartcard reader PIV/CAC support

I have it. But the driver does not work with the Playbook.  I will have to make one. 

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810 / BlackBerry PlayBook/ BlackBerry Z30

[ Edited ]

Well, it has been awhile since there was a response to this question.... would anyone happen to know if there are any updates?

I have PlayBook and the Blackberry Smart Card Reader (CAC Sled) and would love to be able to use the two in order to access my DoD sites.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 / Playbook

My six year old Thinkpad laptop is finally starting to die.  I could use my Playbook to replace it, since I only use it for simple e-mails, spreadsheets, and viewing pdfs.  

However, I need a smartcard reader to access my Army e-mail.  (And since I'm only in the National Guard, I don't get a computer I can take home with me!)