Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Delephant

can I set up a shortcut for an application ?

in a way that it will be activated whenever a shift+something is pressed (from any state of the phone) ?

or maybe there exists a key that it funcionallity can be defined, that even better...

nir

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: can I set up a shortcut for an application ?

there are shortcuts available on the Home screen provided you desactivate the "dial from home screen" option.
for instance on a Curve :

• L for calendar
  • B fro Browser
  • A for Address Book
  • M for messages

but I think that's all the shortcuts you can get. And they are hardcoded.

You can assign two applications on your soft keys on the sides of your Blackberry if you have a Curve.

Other than that, you can use the Launchpad application :

http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=19028&n=LaunchPad

Or you can tidy your applications using a special theme like the BB Dimension Zen (I have a shortcut on my Homescreen for the "Media" application and for the "Manage connections" application).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
caco

Re: can I set up a shortcut for an application ?

Dear all,

I am a Spanish member. I am trying to set up an e-mail account on my free BlackBerry Pearl 8100, I can not do it because it tells me that there is already an user associated with my PIN. The problem is that the telephone company Orange tells me that they can not help me with the untying of this previous user, I have been receiving service from Orange at the beginning, the problem is that now I want to do it through the telephone company Movistar, but seems that I can´t do it while Orange not disengagement my previus mail account of my PIN. Orange gave to my PIN an automatically  username and password so I can not do it myself because I do not know these details and I can not provide them. I would appreciate  if members could help me, please tell me what I could do to solve this problem. A hug and thanks in advance.

CACO

Please use plain text.