Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
stompson
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

could use some help with desktop software

Im sure this has been asked before and I hate to be the guy who never had a blackberry and ask a question thats been asked a million times but I cant figure it out, and my service provider(virgin mobile), is not being very forth comming with the issue. All I want to do is download the necessary software to my PC so I can transfer songs from my hard drive to my Blackberry and similar functions. I followed the steps one the blackberry software page and then come to a point where it asks me to choose what software I want. Now I am not very computer literate so any help at all would be greatly appreciated. And like I previosly stated my service provider is virgin mobile and my phone is a blackberry pearl

(8130). Thank you in advance.

cheers

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnnysqueeze
My Device: pearl 8100

Re: could use some help with desktop software

Hi

I'm a 1st time owner of a blackberry. I installed the software first like I was told, then inserted the USB cable, then plugged the phone in. I can't remember exactly what prompt I got when installing the software but think it just asked to install 'blackberry desktop manager'. 

Hope this helps (probably not)

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

if you have mp3 on your Pc you don't need any software to put them on your Blackberry. Just plug the blackberry to your PC with the USB cable, and if prompted, say "yes I want Mass Storage".
Then in your Windows Explorer, you'll have a new external harddrive that will be the media card inside your blackberry.
Just put the MP3 in the music folder.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stompson

Thanks for your quick response

When I plug my usb from my BB to my pc and open my available drives the only new drive there is a removable disk drive (F:smileyhappy: and when i check the properties of that drive it sais it has 0 bytes of used space and 0 bytes of free space, I have an 8gb card in my BB. so is this a setting in my BB that i need to change or my Pc so it will read the memory card in my bb as the available drive?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

you have to say "yes I want Mass Storage".

from the home screen :
options >> media card

do like me :
Media Card support : ON
Encryption mode : NONE
Mass Storage Support : ON
Auto enable Mass Storage : YES

then when you plug the usb cable, your Blackberry will be just a simple memory card reader with a 8GB card in it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Also, has the card been formatted?

Let me know,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stompson

Thank you that worked perfectly, I truely appreciate your help...now ill have my zep on the way to work!

cheers

Please use plain text.