Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
Accepted Solution

emails being delayed

Emails from gmail setup with IMAP are being delayed up to 15mins. I have tried resending service books but they are still delayed.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: emails being delayed

Don't use IMAP settings to setup your gmail on the BB. I tried that a while back and ran into similar problems. Just using the standard gmail setup works the best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

It is setup as IMAP because I would get emails from All Mail instead of Inbox with the standard setup. Is there a way to receive only Inbox emails?
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I believe "All mail" is the way it is designed. What is the problem with using "All Mail?"

I can tell you, though, that using the IMAP setup is more trouble than its worth and gives you the delay.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I have about 20 filters in gmail sorting out nearly 100 emails leaving only the important ones in Inbox.
Guru I

OK, in that caseto get Inbox only you are stuck with the 15 minute delay via IMAP unfortunately.

You might try setting up the account on the BB normally and then setup filters on the handheld. Open the Gmail folder on the home screen and hit the menu key and select "Email Filters."