Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
cod6689
My Device: Not Specified

forgot password to unlock keyboard

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I forgot my password to unlock keyboard for blackberry 8310.I already use 9/10 attempts in this case if i try the last one software will reset and i will use everything.

Did you know a method to recover my password or address book before i rest entire software.

Thank you.

Message Edited by cod6689 on 05-16-2008 03:02 AM
Please use plain text.
RJP
Contributor
RJP
My Device: 8820, 8300, 9000

Re: forgot password to unlock keyboard

Is your device connected to a BES server at the office ?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cod6689

Unfortunely not.
Please use plain text.
RJP
Contributor
RJP
My Device: 8820, 8300, 9000

You have big problems then
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
metroberry
My Device: Bold 9000 BES OS 4.6.0.162

[ Edited ]

Have you ever done a full backup with Desktop Manager?  Did you ever synchronize your blackberry with Outlook?  If the answer is yes to both of these questions, you can simply restore and re-synchronize once your blackberry is wiped. 

If the answer is no, here is a free solution  I found from another thread:

"To do this simply roll back your blackberry desktop software to a version where it doesnt automatically prompt you for an unlock password( 3.5a or even 2.7 would work), the tricky part is getting your non-serial bb to connect with non-usb software... i had to get some hardware but managed to backup 7290's this method... and then from there i just process the IPD files for evidence, granted that as of right now it is kind of hard to verify that evidence because i am still unable to get into the original evidence, but its nice for grabbing data from locked BB's."

Message Edited by metroberry on 05-16-2008 11:56 AM
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
metroberry

cod6689, DO NOT WIPE YOUR HANDHELD YET.  I am going to do some investigation into this to see if this solution I provided actually works and see if there is another way around it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cod6689

Thank you metroberry.

I will wait to see if you find something.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
metroberry

No problem.

I haven't tested this, but see if you can get a Female RS-332 / Female USB adapter from a computer store.  The Female RS-332 end connects to a 9 PIN COM (serial) male port on your destop computer:

They are usually not found on laptops.  Do not confuse this port with a VGA monitor port.  It is also referred to as a DB9 or COM port.  The other end of the adapter will be a female USB port in which you can connect your blackberry to the computer via a USB cable.  Then, uninstall the current version of Blackberry Desktop Manager on your computer, then install version 3.5a on your computer.  Go to:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Then select drop down menu and select Blacbkerry Desktop Software v3.5a.  Versions 3.5a and under do not prompt the user for a password on the desktop side and thus can perform backup and restore functions for their blackberry.  However, these versions of BB desktop software require a COM (serial) connection and this is where the adapter plays an importan part.  With the proper adapter the software should be able to detect the device.  Good luck :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cod6689

Hi metroberry,

Thank you again for support,

Unfortunately i am not able to find this kind of connector here.Can I ask you to obtain this for me or to give me some directions from where i can buy this?

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

If you could get around it, then why the hell would they be boasting that blackberrys are secure.

You set a password.

You can't remember it.

You can't get around it.

Its like if somone found ur device on the street and u had info in the password keeper etc. would u like them to be able to hack into it without knowing your password?

I think not, sorry dude, take this a lesson learned.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.