Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

forgot password to unlock keyboard

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I forgot my password to unlock keyboard for blackberry 8310.I already use 9/10 attempts in this case if i try the last one software will reset and i will use everything.

Did you know a method to recover my password or address book before i rest entire software.

Thank you.

Message Edited by cod6689 on 05-16-2008 03:02 AM
RJP
Contributor
My Device: 8820, 8300, 9000

Re: forgot password to unlock keyboard

Is your device connected to a BES server at the office ?
New Contributor

Unfortunely not.
RJP
Contributor
My Device: 8820, 8300, 9000

You have big problems then
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 BES OS 4.6.0.162

[ Edited ]

Have you ever done a full backup with Desktop Manager?  Did you ever synchronize your blackberry with Outlook?  If the answer is yes to both of these questions, you can simply restore and re-synchronize once your blackberry is wiped. 

If the answer is no, here is a free solution  I found from another thread:

"To do this simply roll back your blackberry desktop software to a version where it doesnt automatically prompt you for an unlock password( 3.5a or even 2.7 would work), the tricky part is getting your non-serial bb to connect with non-usb software... i had to get some hardware but managed to backup 7290's this method... and then from there i just process the IPD files for evidence, granted that as of right now it is kind of hard to verify that evidence because i am still unable to get into the original evidence, but its nice for grabbing data from locked BB's."

Message Edited by metroberry on 05-16-2008 11:56 AM
Regular Contributor

cod6689, DO NOT WIPE YOUR HANDHELD YET.  I am going to do some investigation into this to see if this solution I provided actually works and see if there is another way around it.
New Contributor

Thank you metroberry.

I will wait to see if you find something.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

No problem.

I haven't tested this, but see if you can get a Female RS-332 / Female USB adapter from a computer store.  The Female RS-332 end connects to a 9 PIN COM (serial) male port on your destop computer:

They are usually not found on laptops.  Do not confuse this port with a VGA monitor port.  It is also referred to as a DB9 or COM port.  The other end of the adapter will be a female USB port in which you can connect your blackberry to the computer via a USB cable.  Then, uninstall the current version of Blackberry Desktop Manager on your computer, then install version 3.5a on your computer.  Go to:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Then select drop down menu and select Blacbkerry Desktop Software v3.5a.  Versions 3.5a and under do not prompt the user for a password on the desktop side and thus can perform backup and restore functions for their blackberry.  However, these versions of BB desktop software require a COM (serial) connection and this is where the adapter plays an importan part.  With the proper adapter the software should be able to detect the device.  Good luck Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Hi metroberry,

Thank you again for support,

Unfortunately i am not able to find this kind of connector here.Can I ask you to obtain this for me or to give me some directions from where i can buy this?

Regards,

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

If you could get around it, then why the hell would they be boasting that blackberrys are secure.

You set a password.

You can't remember it.

You can't get around it.

Its like if somone found ur device on the street and u had info in the password keeper etc. would u like them to be able to hack into it without knowing your password?

I think not, sorry dude, take this a lesson learned.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~