Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

emiratesmac
My Device: Not Specified

iGo bluetooth keyboard driver with Mac

I have the iGo bluetooth keyboard that I want to use with my 8310. I've downloaded the drivers from their web site but does anyone have an idea of how to install them with Mac OS X? Or do I have to go via WIndows?
Founder & Admin Emiratesmac.com
President EmiratesMac User Group
Please use plain text.
henryb
My Device: Not Specified

Re: iGo bluetooth keyboard driver with Mac

Unfortunately as I have learned through experience BB is not friendly to MAC products yet.  All drivers and device software have to loaded through a windows machine.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
PocketMacAnne
My Device: 8300

Re: iGo bluetooth keyboard driver with Mac

Hi!

While I haven't personally tested this device, I can tell you how to install drivers from the Mac to the device using PocketMac's Application Loader feature.

First:  if you were given an installation program that has a name ending in ".EXE," that file was designed for the Windows PC. Most 3rd party developers also make available the version of the installer that ends in ".ALX" and these may be installed from your Mac.  If they didn't provide them, ask their support department for them.

Then, put them in a folder somewhere on your Mac, and open PocketMac with your BlackBerry attached. 

Next, from the Utilities menu of SyncManager at the top of your screen, click Install Software to Device. (These steps are in chapter 6 of your PocketMac_BlackBerry_Manual.pdf file that was installed with PocketMac.)

You'll then be prompted to locate the alx file for the application you want to install. Find the ALX file you got from the keyboard develoer. PocketMac will then prompt you to confirm that you want to install the selected software.

A progress bar will appear to indicate that the software is being installed. When finished, you will click OK, and the BlackBerry will restart itself.  After it comes back on, you will be able to continue any setup procedures on the BlackBerry that the keyboard software requires.

I hope you enjoy! 

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
Please use plain text.