Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

latest BB OS upgrade messed up bluetooth

Up until the latest update for my Bold 9930 (now running 7.1 bundle 2123 v7.1.0.755) bluetooth work great in all of my cars.  Now it works fine in my Audi A5, but in my 2012 BMW X5 bluetooth will connect for about 30 seconds, disconnect, reconnect for 30 secs, disconnect, etc etc ad nauseum.  I have deleted the connection on both devices, then rebuilt it - the problem persists. Nothing has changed on my cars, and this started the day I applied the latest upgrades.  Anyone else seen anything like this?  Solutions?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: latest BB OS upgrade messed up bluetooth

additional info - for the first time tried to set up tethering with my Win7 64 bit laptop.  When I made the phone discoverable, Windows found it and got everything set up ok - both sides were talking and all looked good.  Later I could not find the phone.  The device is still configured on both ends, but neither side will talk.   the laptop is fully up to date with all Windows SPs, and is running Symmantec Endpoint Protection.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: latest BB OS upgrade messed up bluetooth

Hi DavisGentry,

It sounds to me like the software update didn't proceed correctly on your device. In this case, I would recommend reloading the software using the instructions in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If your computer can't see your phone, try doing the following: reboot your computer, and perform a battery pull on your phone - while the phone is on, remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, reinsert and wait for the device to reboot. If that still doesn't work, did you perform the update on your computer using the Desktop Software? If so, you will have a backup on your computer already, and can skip that process. If you don't have a recent backup, use the BlackBerry Protect software to back up the data on your phone.

If your computer still can't see your BlackBerry device when you get to Step 2, unplug your BlackBerry, remove the battery, and then plug the phone back in. As soon as you see your PIN or PIN:UNKNOWN, click Next. If you miss it, don't worry, just unplug the phone and plug it back in again. Once your computer has recognized the device and connected, you can reinsert the battery and proceed with the OS reload process.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!