Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
SilentHarp
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Vodafone

@me.com Email Problems

Having upgraded my @me.com account to the iCloud, my blackberry asked me to verify my password numerous times before finally telling me they cannot connect to the me.com servers (probably because I'm now on icloud.com servers)
Does anyone know what settings to change on my blackberry to rectify this?

Thanks,
SilentHarp
Please use plain text.
skagengp
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: @me.com Email Problems

same problem for me.

tried using @me.com email address and @mac.com email address for "email address"

server: imap.mail.me.com OR p99-imap.mail.me.com OR p02-imap.mail.me.com

for user name, have tried user name before "@" and both user name +@mac.com and +@me.com

Nothing is working. Any ideas, BlackBerry?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thihanlin
My Device: Not Specified

I think this is nothing about blackberry . it is something about me.com.

I'm having same problem in one of my computer.

their exchange account need to do something. try change the password to refresh user account in me server.

Please use plain text.
skagengp
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

got it. i reset my password from the apple id website and it fixed the issue. thank you!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SilentHarp
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Vodafone

Changing password works :-D

Thank You Thihanlin!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
estelaz
My Device: Blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: T-mobile

My mac.com email stopped working this weekend when apple discontinued mobile.me. It works perfectly well on my mac, and on other devices but I cannot get or receive mail on my bberry. I contacted apple support they gave me this information: 

For more information on how to use this information with your email application, consult your application's documentation.

IMAP (Incoming Mail Server) information:

• Server name: imap.mail.me.com
  • SSL Required: Yes
  • Port: 993
  • Username: example@me.com (use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
  • Password: Your iCloud password

SMTP (outgoing mail server) information:

• Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
  • SSL Required: Yes
  • Port: 587
  • SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
  • Username: example@me.com (use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
  • Password: Your iCloud password

Note: If you receive errors using SSL, try using TLS instead. 

however the only way I know how to set up mail is through the setup wizard - which does not allow for any wiggle room

Any ideas please???

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
estelaz

I am having the same problem, apple does not know how to solve it, referred me to blackberry

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

First off...a clarification based on your latest post...you may have been "referred to blackberry", but these forum's aren't that. These forums are a user-to-user community of volunteers who try their best to help out other kind souls. It is not a formal channel for user-to/from-RIM communications. That channel rests solely with all of your formal support -- which begins with your mobile service provider, who can escalate cases into RIM that they cannot resolve.

That said, what you need is "advanced integration". The way to get to that is to go into the email setup wizard and provide a valid email address, but an intentionally incorrect password. A screen should shortly pop up that again request things, but also has a checkbox for "I will provide the settings manually" (or something similar). Check that and you will be presented with screens into which you can enter additional details about your email service.

Note that you can provide details only for the receiving component (Incoming)...all outgoing mail from your BB uses the Carrier/RIM gateways rather than your services SMTP gateway.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
estelaz

Unfortunately my wizard does not allow me to do that. After it makes me wait while it is "processing" it comes back with the message "Invalid email address or password. If the error persists, contact mac.com" which is the same message I was receiving with the correct password. 

So you recommend I contact my service provider then (t-mobile)?

thank you for your help!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well that's very strange...it's clearly documented here:

• KB10154 How to integrate a POP or IMAP email account through advanced integration

Another way is to use your carriers BIS website from a PC/browser (assuming your carrier has one, that is):

Another way is to, from your BB Browser, go here:

The last resort is, of course, to call your carrier to see if they can integrate the account for you...I personally don't like that method since it requires you tell your carrier your email credentials, and I never like giving my credentials to any other human. But that's just me, perhaps.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.