Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

password Keeper

I forgot my password to get into password keeper. Any suggestions? Ron
Highlighted

Re: password Keeper

i have the same problem, anyone have any info?

I "forgot" mine too - actually I must've mistyped it the irst time 'cause I have a standard that I always use - anyways...

I just used up the 10 attempts, the BB erased everything in the keeper (just a few) and I started over, being sure my standard password worked.

Hope this is helpful.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Doc ID : KB11145

Back up the BlackBerry device according to the directions in KB11297 and continue attempting to guess the password for the password keeper application. If the BlackBerry device user exceeds 10 unsuccessful attempts, see KB10339 for the procedure to restore the password keeper database onto the BlackBerry device. Once the database is restored, continue attempting to guess.

Start at the number of tries attempted just before the backup file was created. For example, if the BlackBerry device user backed up the BlackBerry device with 5 tries left before the password keeper erased the information on the BlackBerry device, type the password incorrectly 5 more times, and the information on the BlackBerry device will be erased. Once the backup information is restored on the BlackBerry device, the BlackBerry device user then has 5 more tries to type the password correctly.

This can be repeated as many times as necessary.

Note: If the BlackBerry device user forgets the password on the password keeper application, all data on the password keeper will be wiped out. There is no way to retrieve a forgotten password on the password keeper application. This is by design.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I started following the above steps to back up, then I realised that when you exceed ten attempts, it simply wipes the password keeper clean (I'm not sure that I ever actually put anything in it) and lets you choose a fresh password.

So no biggie, I don't think. 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Password Keeper won't accept password

After 2 years, my Password Keeper suddenly stopped accepting the password I have used all along.  I'm up to 9/10 tries and the next one will wipe the data (24 of them), which I can't afford to happen.

I need reassurance that the backed-up Password Keeper data file on my Desktop Manager can be restored to the device once I spend that last attempt and get wiped.  It just seems all too simple.   What would keep a thief from getting on my laptop, opening the DM, connecting the stolen device, wiping the PK in the device, and restoring it from DM with a new password he assigns?  Is this really all the solution I need?  I really need to get back into my passwords.

Also, anybody out there wonder if BB has been afflicted with some kind of virus that might have corrupted the PK sign-in process just to cause some password-loss (and BB) mayhem?