Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
lynnz
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: mtn

please someone help me,anyone please.i recenly lost my blackberry phone when i tried to locate it on blackberry protect ,im unable to do so neither am i able to lock it.now this person /thief is using my pin.what do i do.

please someone help me,anyone please.i recenly lost my blackberry phone when i tried to locate it on blackberry protect ,im unable to do so neither am i able to lock it.now this person /thief is using my bbm pin.what do i do?.

i have since then bought another bb phone ,however im just upset that someone has gotten away with crime!

i have invited them on bbm cos i can still view it on my blackberry protect.

please help anyone please:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: please someone help me,anyone please.i recenly lost my blackberry phone when i tried to locate it on blackberry protect ,im unable to do so neither am i able to lock it.now this person /thief is using my pin.what do i do.

If they have removed BB Protect, or wiped the device, then there isn't much you can do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lynnz
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: mtn

so do you reckon that the person/thief has wiped out my device?

so do you reckon that the person/thief has wiped out my device?

if so how is it possible because i still have on my blackberry protect profile?

is it even possible?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: so do you reckon that the person/thief has wiped out my device?

Your BB will still be listed in BB Protect until you delete it from there. It doesn't mean you'll be able to connect to the device. When you log on to BB Protect you normally will see a battery and signal level meter for the device. If you don't see that then you're not connecting to the device. Not connecting can be from no signal, new sim card, wiped device, etc. BB Protect was not meant to be a way to get the device back should it be stolen. It was meant to be a way to find it if you lost it, lock it, and a few other features. If someone wants the device and puts a new sim in it then there's not much you can do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.