Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
sudheer8989
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

reg blackberry 8520 wifi problem

Hi,
i got a blackberry 8520 phone in that while iam turning off the data connection and  using with wifi in home only, it is giving error that internet is not connected. But while iam turning on the data services than internet is getting connected but i dont know in home also it is taking data services only not wifi.

please tell me how i connect to wifi in my home with out using data option because charges are high in my bill if iam using that service.
As i though when i purchase the phone as like other phones through wifi internet is free but not happening in case of this black berry 8520.
please help me

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: reg blackberry 8520 wifi problem

Hi sudheer8989 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

When you connect to a Wi-Fi network, the BlackBerry smartphone will automatically re-route the data services through that Wi-Fi connection.  You can verify that you are using the Wi-Fi connection for your data by going to Manage Connections>Service Status.  From here, it will show you which connections your data services are currently using.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.