Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
michel45
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: bouygue

some web site don't load

I don't know if the webmasters still love make compatible website for ie but i find and more and more website that don't support BB browser . Is there an explicit way to change what i think is a  KB limitation per webpage page  ( css javascript image animation xml html) .

regard's

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: some web site don't load

Bonjour michel,

do you have any URL so we can look into it?

What OS are you using on your Curve? OS5 or OS6?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
suppy376
My Device: bold 2,4,5, curve 2, 4, 5,7 and torch
My Carrier: MTN, airtel

I am currently experiencing the same prolem with my website www.naijacontests.com.

I have a good experience on android devices. The issue is peculiar to blackberry devices only.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Hello suppy376,

have you read the source code of that webpage? 4k for displaying a picture?

the doctype is incorrect, and the CSS definitions are invalid too. Moreover you are using far too much unsupported javascript.

In my opinion the website will not render correctly on iPhones either.

Maybe the browser you are using on your Android phone is more tolerant.

I have tested the website in Mozilla Firefox on Windows XP, the rendering is okay but very slow.

I have tested the website in Internet Explorer 8, and the rendering fails.

I have tested the website in the browser of the BlackBerry Z10 (based on KHTML, the same rendering engine as in Apple Safari), and it fails too.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
suppy376

Dear Xandrex, thanks for your contribution. Actually we have tested on iphone 4, galaxy s2, s3, ace, htc, ipad, samsung tab using both internet phone directly and wifi...and the rendering is okay. We noticed that when we connect using wifi, blackberry displays the site fine. The problem occurs only if we use the phone's internet direcly.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
suppy376

We have tested using blackberry bold 2, 4, 5 and torch...and the result is same as described previously
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

for BlackBerry phones that are not Z10/Q10, the BlackBerry browser does not display the raw website.
The BlackBerry infrastructure will fetch the website, digest it and make it in a small format only with the supported HTML & javascript subset that is managed by the BlackBerry phone, and cache it before sending it through BIS towards the phone.

This explains why the rendering on a BlackBerry OS7 (or prior) phone manages to use less data transfer, at the cost of a reduced web experience.

There are no guidelines explaining how the digestion by the BIS is done, but once the website is loaded on the BlackBerry device, you can view the digested website source code.
On phones with a keyboard, the shortcut is Alt-RBVS. You can then by trial & error understand what you must do to have a website rendered in an acceptable manner on BlackBerry phones OS7 and prior.
One thing is certain: if the website is properly rendered on an OS4.5 it will be rendered correctly for all other OS up to OS7.

That being said, I say again that your website is not correctly rendered in Internet Explorer 8, so you may also want to fix that independently from the browser BIS digestion issue.

Please use plain text.