Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook
My Carrier: O2 (UK)
Accepted Solution

unable to fix missing send option

Hi there,

I have a BB 9000 and have recently taken it abroad where I have a separate SIM and BB account with a local network provider.  Everything has been working perfectly since I changed SIM to the local provider (BBM, receiving email messages, Facebook notifications etc.).  Recently though I've only been able to send emails if replying to an existing email.  If I compose a new email the send option is missing.  If I save as draft I lose all the data in the 'to' field.  Having read the forums I've deleted the service books, done a battery pull, re-registered the host routing table and re-sent the service books (on my local network provider's page).  I'm still in the same position whereby the send option is missing when I compose a new email but it's not missing if I choose to reply to an email.

Any advice gratefully received!

DD

Solutions: 6,169
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: unable to fix missing send option

On your device, go to Options > Advanced > Default Services.

Is your email needed email account set as the default email address?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

"On your device, go to Options > Advanced > Default Services.

Is your email needed email account set as the default email address?"

I recently changed it back...  I have a total of 5 email accounts set up on the BB: 1 x gmail & 4 x imap isps.  Interestingly I think the problem timing may coincide with recently changing the default to a different imap address from before. When I try and compose a message in the 'send using' field it has all of my email accounts plus '[default]'.  If I try sending using any of the accounts including gmail I experience the same issue where the send option is missing.  Every time when I save as draft and then re-open it the email address in the 'to' field disappears...

Intriguing and frustrating but am optimistic as you've been incredibly helpful in the past thank you :-)

Regular Contributor

Interestingly my wife's BB is exactly the same model and has gone through exactly the same process as mine (switching to a new local network).  She's got no problems at all and has 1 x hotmail account and 1 x ISP imap account...

No joy with mine yet. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: unable to fix missing send option - FIXED... but clearly a software bug.

I found a fix... but it's clearly a bug.  Ironically, opening general options in email and changing "Show recent contacts when composing email" to "no", achieves the exact opposite!  Autosuggest re-starts and most importantly  the send option mysteriously reappears.  All credit to: http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/auto-suggest-contact-not-working-when-composing-email-468369/

Completely perplexed.

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: unable to fix missing send option - FIXED... but clearly a software bug.

A old post but worked for me just now like a charm. Amazing!!

Irritating bug that is. 

Thanks for helping.