10-01-2012 05:31 PM
I am not able to send or receive emails in my 9320 through wi-fi (don't have data, so not sure if it would work that way). Report says wi-fi connected, but email does not seem to recognise it anymore.
It was working fine a few days ago and I have not done any software update till now, trying to fix the problem.
Also the "Reconcile now" option is gone.
Any advice is welcome.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-01-2012 05:48 PM
You must have the BlackBerry BIS Data Plan to use the native PUSH email on any Blackberry device.
I don't know why you had it a few days ago, and not now.
The reconcile now option is only for BES devices and does nothing on a personal BIS account.
But, you say you have neither. You must have one or the other for mail to work.
10-02-2012 04:48 PM
Thanks for the explanation, JSanders.
I really don't get it, because it has been working on wi-fi alone for at least a month.
Now I have requested the BIS but still unable to access email or hotmail messenger (which I also did previously).
Would you know if it may be due to another technicality? When I check it says no software update required...
10-02-2012 05:57 PM
Was this a second hand device you got from someone?
For your email setup, please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.
If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.
If not, follow these additional instructions:
2) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.
3) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.
5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.
Hopefully that will get things going again for you!
10-04-2012 12:56 PM
Thank you so much, JSanders.
It is an upgrade I got, brand new I should assume.
Tried your steps but it was still not allowing me to use email. So, after two days trying, I finally got hold of my mobile provider's Customer Support again & they have just confirmed my request to re-aply to BIS had not been processed!
Done now & it seems to be working fine.
10-04-2012 01:00 PM