02-25-2012 10:55 PM
I wish to port few open source programs based on QT to PlayBook.
So, a couple of questions in this regard:
1. I get it that PlayBook OS is Posix compliant and also QT run time is available. So some open source programs can be ported. Is this understanding correct?
2. Any license limitations if the program is GPL/LGPL/APL?
3. BB NDK supports make. But not configure. Most programs for linux are based on autotools. Is there an import script? The programs usually expect a command sequence like:
Is there a mapping or help document to help in porting?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-26-2012 12:38 PM
Hi There, Prateek. Some quick As to your Qs...
* A number of programs and components have been ported by the community and by RIM. See for example http://github.com/blackberry and http://openbbnews.blackberry.com. In general the POSIX compliance makes porting quite easy, and the availability of ports of common components helps too.
* There is another thread that is covering these topics.
Good luck, and keep us posted on how it goes on your side. Blogging about your successes (and challenges) always helps as that spreads the information around more easily and more quickly.
02-26-2012 01:21 PM