Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9000/9700
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

1.1 Upgrade and Code Signing

Well, I've been having a time getting my upgrade to work.  The whole thread is here.  It appears my correspondents gave up on finding a solution, so I just reinstalled everything from scratch (Eclipse 3.5 with Blackberry plugins).

This time, when I went to import the code signing files(Window->Preferences->Blackberry Java Plugin->Signature Tool), I selected the directory and it said, "Signature key files could not be found".  This is the directory with the .csi files in it, and they are there.  So, why can't it find them?  Is it a different directory it's looking for?

TIA,
Allen
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 1.1 Upgrade and Code Signing

Sorry, I am out of ideas. It seemed like you might have had a few different problems.  I did get my problems sorted out in the end but it took a lot of messing around.  All I can say is make sure you run through the config steps listed somewhere near the download (there were about 3 or 4 I think) and make sure you have the exactly specified release of Java (was a problem for me).  I did not have to make much in the way of setting changes to get mine running though.

As far as code signing, in the end I had to get new keys but now it works great.  I think the only real problem I have left is that sometimes my eclipse starts shutting down because of the code help pop up boxes which is really annoying. 

T

Regular Contributor

In the import keys section, is it the .csi files it's looking for?

TIA,
Allen
Regular Contributor

Answered my own question: no, it's looking for the .csk file, which I found and the import *said* it successfully completed.  So, let's just see how making the projects goes...

TIA,
Allen